Retails Sales is a common worldwide occurrence, a basic fulfilment of a human need. Indeed, a good retails sales person is one of the most critical links in the market chain. Retail sales occur over numerous products and are the face of a product between the company and the customer. It is therefore necessary to refresh ourselves with some retail sales tips.
- Create a Winning Atmosphere: Remember, all people secretly desire to be associated with success. So create an atmosphere in your store that is positive, upbeat and reflects success. Dress it up well. Have cheerful and confident sales staff. Look busy and make an impression that there have been significant sales already done by other customers. Many shoppers ’just look’, so the merchandising must be done attractively and make the customer tour the entire store. She would definitely be impressed if you are.
- Know your product and Competition Well: If you are passionate about your product and its benefits for the customer, go ahead and educate her about the benefits and how it would make her life easier or better. Do not harp on features, but on the solutions to her needs and problems. Develop a sense of belief and conviction about your service or product, it shows. Know your competition thoroughly, their strengths and weaknesses. If you know your competition well, you would know how to sell to your customer much better.
- Be in Touch with your Customer: The more you relate to your customer, the more sales you shall close. New customer acquisition is five times costlier to customer retention. Hence relate to her in as many ways possible, eg newspaper ads, mails, phone calls or messages, through community forums. Do follow up calls to ensure that she is satisfied with the purchase.
- Know your Store well: a confident sales person, who knows what’s happening inside the store, gives a professional impression. Know the stock levels, pricing and discount policies. Be prepared with sales ads, price sheets. Never fumble for papers and waste time of a customer when closing a sale. A pleasant sales experience is a certain customer repeat business.
- Body Language: A customer senses positive vibes through body language. How you look, dress, stand will speak volumes about your intentions. Connect with your customer and be supportive and advisory in her choice decisions. Also use words such as “now” and “Today”. Always maintain an attitude by visualizing the positive outcome of the sales process. Do not take objections or resistance as negatives, rather wherein the customer is weighing in the overall value of the product
Selling is a combination of science and art. It takes hard work and practice to increase your closure ratio in retail. It is, at the end, your obligation to your customer with an opportunity to make a decision.